Hospice of South Texas Dornburg Center of Compassion
While the majority of hospice care is provided in private homes or other places of residence, there are times when hospice patients may need short-term medical care for symptom management. For this, Hospice of South Texas offers the Dornburg Center of Compassion.
Hospice of South Texas Dornburg Center of Compassion is a free-standing state-of-the-art in-patient facility designed with patient care and family needs in mind. Twelve private rooms offer hospice patients and their families all the comforts of home while providing round-the-clock, expert medical care.
Once the patient is stable, they will return to their home or place of residence.
The individual needs and preferences of each patient are always top priorities at Hospice of South Texas. At the Dornburg Center of Compassion, an expert team - medical director, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, certified nurses aides, a dedicated on-site pharmacist, social workers, chaplains, volunteers - is devoted to the care of patients twenty four hours a day and focused on family needs as well.
- Each private room has: comfortable patient bed, relaxing sofa-bed, private restroom, large windows for sunlit views, sitting area, free wireless internet, flat screen TV and VCR, aesthetically warm decor and original artwork, with a secure homelike feeling.
- Children's Room
- Dining Area and Soda Fountain
- Family Lounges
- Reading Nook
- Unrestricted visiting hours
- Small well-behaved, vaccinated pets are welcome
- Patios and outside areas with benches and gazebos
Dornburg Center of Compassion is located at 1005 Mallette Drive in Victoria, Texas.