A registered nurse is responsible for the coordination of all Hospice services.
Our registered nurses are highly trained in Hospice care and available 24 hours a day to identify and address issues and symptoms, and to teach caregivers how to make their loved one pain free and more comfortable.
Scope and frequency of services are based on initial and ongoing assessments of the patient's needs.
Hospice of South Texas nursing provides:
- Initial and ongoing assessment of the patient's physical symptoms
- Symptom management and comfort care interventions
- Support and teaching for the patient and family
- Identification of problems and appropriate goals and interventions
- Documentation of patient/family participation in response to the plan of care
- Coordination of all patient/family Hospice services